Meridian School District Nurse:
Cheryl Dennis, RN (360) 305-8746 email: email@example.com
As Meridian School District nurses, we believe healthy children are successful learners. Our goal is to support student success through assessment, intervention and follow-up care for all students. We strive to provide for the safety and well-being of students and staff by integrating health solutions and partnering with parents and health care providers.
- Assessing student health needs
- Implementing Individual Health Plans
- Supervising medications
- Planning for students with life threatening health conditions
- Developing classroom accommodation plans
- Acting as a liaison between families, students, school personnel and the medical community
- Monitors communicable diseases
- Oversees immunization compliance
- Provides state mandated screenings
If your child has a life-threatening condition such as diabetes, anaphylaxis or seizures an Individual Health Plan (IHP) is required prior to school attendance. Physician’s orders and medical forms (linked below) are needed in order for the IHP to be written.
Please contact us if you have concerns related to your child’s health and school.
Web Resources for Parents:
Whatcom County Health Department
A local resource with information about immunizations, communicable diseases and services for Children with Special Needs.
Washington State Department of Health
Provides information on statewide public health concerns, including immunizations and current news topics
Additional Information for Parents
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Disease and Prevention